Working for Porirua City Council
This page has information for job seekers about Porirua City Council, how it is structured, and the benefits of working for the Council.
Our Vision and Values
Our Vision is: "Porirua: a great place to live work and raise a family".
1. Caring – we care about and respect people
2. Inclusiveness – we are one council, one team for one community
3. Innovation – we work with creativity and pizzazz
4. Integrity – we are professional and accountable
5. Fun – we have fun in the workplace
6. Teamwork – we achieve results by working together
7. Partnership – we partner with Ngati Toa – Mana Whenua o Porirua
Council Strategic Priorities
In the Long-term Plan 2015-25, the Council agreed to a new set of Strategic Priorities.
- Children and young people at the centre of city decisions
- A healthy and protected harbour and catchment
- A growing, prosperous and regionally connected city
- A great village and city experience
Read the Long-Term Plan 2015-25 and find out more about our Strategic Priorities and local initiatives and projects.
Council organisation and structure
The Porirua City Council consists of a Mayor and 10 Councillors, elected every 3 years.
The Porirua City Council is managed by a Chief Executive and 4 General Managers, together with the Human Resources Manager. Each General Manager is responsible for a business group.
View our Organisation Chart, effective from 1 February 2017.
Working for Local Government
Go to the Local Government Careers website where you can get an idea what it's like working for a local government organisation.