Wastewater Treatment Plant and Landfill Joint Committee
This page outlines the Terms of Reference, delegated authority and membership for the Wastewater Treatment Plant and Landfill Joint Committee (a Joint Committee with Wellington City Council).
Terms of Reference
To provide governance for the joint services entered into by the Porirua and Wellington City Councils through the joint venture agreements for the Wastewater Treatment Plant and the Spicer Valley Landfill.
Scope of Activity
To consider and make recommendations to both Councils regarding:
- overview, input and policy formulation in the areas of management of the Spicer Valley joint landfill operation, and the Wastewater Treatment Plant, as set out in the joint venture agreements, entered into by both Councils, including development of Trade Waste Bylaws.
- proposals for infrastructural development relating to the joint ventures
- new initiatives relating to the joint ventures
- the Spicer Forest partnership agreement between Greater Wellington Regional Council, Wellington City Council and Porirua City Council on land surrounding the Spicer Valley Landfill
- the budget for operation of the joint ventures for inclusion in the Councils' Annual Plans / Long Term Plans
- receipt of the Annual Report of the joint ventures for inclusion in the Councils' Annual Reports
- any proposed service changes
Power to Act
- The powers of the Joint Standing Committee as described in the Deed Relating to Joint Works dated 22 December 1986 and the powers of the Joint Committee as described in the Agreement Relating to Joint Refuse Disposal Works dated 2 May 1983
- Setting of fees and charges related to the operation of the Spicer Valley Landfill and recommending the basis for charging for trade wastes at the Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Decisions on acceptance of wastes into the Spicer Valley Landfill and Wastewater Treatment Plant
Porirua City Council:
- Councillor T M Sheppard (Chairperson)
- Councillor S M Dow
- Councillor B E Kropp
Wellington City Council:
- Councillor N Best (Deputy Chairperson) (with Councillor A Foster as alternate)