Shared Responsibility Scheme
This page outlines the Shared Responsibility Scheme and has links to the Guidelines and Application Forms.
Funding for community-led capital improvement projects in Porirua
The Porirua City Council Shared Responsibility Scheme funds projects that provide, develop or renovate cultural, social, recreational and sports facilities on Council-owned land within Porirua.
Priority is given to projects which will enjoy the widest use by the Community. Joint applications from groups proposing to share facilities are encouraged.
Projects must be consistent with Council’s strategic focus areas, the Long Term Plan and other policies.
- Tennis and hard court areas
- Artificial surfaces
- Bowling and croquet greens
- Weight rooms and indoor sports facilities
- Neighbourhood theatre/performance space
- Clubrooms and club administration areas
- Cultural facilities
- Arts and crafts facilities
- Replacement of surfaces
- Renovation or improvement to facilities or surfaces
- Projects on privately owned land or on land belonging to churches, schools or other public agencies
- Projects where the organisation does not have its 25% share of the funding.
- Note: debentures, other loans and bridging finance are not acceptable sources of finance for this purpose.
- Projects from organisations which do not have a high percentage of Porirua residents among their membership.
- General maintenance and repair of existing facilities.
- Retrospective applications
- Funding for bars and fittings required for licensed premises.