Recreation and Open Space Strategy 2012-22
Enjoying the great places for recreation in Porirua and looking after our natural and cultural heritage on public open space.
Porirua has a superb harbour and natural landscape, wonderful parks and reserves and great places and facilities to enjoy.
The Recreation and Open Space Strategy 2012–22 sets out how Porirua City Council’s plans to realise its vision “People are inspired by and energised to participate in the richness and diversity of Porirua’s parks and places”.
- People are inspired by and energised to participate in the richness and diversity of Porirua’s parks and places.
- Protection, Leisure, and Connections
- Our public open spaces are healthy, well-maintained, connected and enjoyed.
- People have safe and easy access to great places and activities for recreation and sport .
Outcomes – what we hope to achieve in Porirua
- Everyone looks after our parks and open spaces.
- Native plants and animals live in healthy habitats.
- Our historic and cultural heritage is protected and easy to experience.
- It’s easy to participate and excel in sport.
- It’s easy to exercise, play, socialise and relax.
- It’s easy to enjoy nature.
- Tourists visit Porirua.
- People and businesses want to stay in Porirua.