Operative District Plan Change 3 – Medium Density Residential Policy Area
At the time that the Aotea Block Comprehensive Development Plan was approved by Council, the Aotea Block was zoned Suburban in te operative Porirua City District Plan. To better provide for, and to better manage, the range of activities proposed within the Comprehensive Development Plan Carrus needed to amend the District Plan provisions.
In discussion with Council, Carrus prepared four draft District Plan changes from march to may, 2003. These were released for public comment by Carrus over June and July, 2003. The feedback received was then considered by Carrus and appropriate amendment made to the draft changes.
On September 1, 2003 Carrus formally submitted the four proposed plan changes to Council. At its meeting on November 12, 2003 Council resolved to accept the four proposed plan changes and to notify them as private plan changes. As Council had already initiated the first change to the District Plan itself, the Above Ground Line Network Utility plan change, the four Aotea Block plan changes were numbered plan changes 2-5.
Plan Change 3
Plan Change 3 introduces a new overlay into the Suburban Zone of the Porirua City District Plan.; The overlay provides for medium density residential development and will apply to all Suburban Zone land in the western half of the Aotea Block. The plan change:
- Amends planning map 9 so that it delineates the Medium Density Residential Policy Area;
- Introduces policies, rules and assessments criteria that support and manage medium density residential development; and
- Also introduces a change to the Methods of Implementation for Suburban Zone policy C3.2.3, which addresses recreation and civic financial contributions.
The hearing for proposed Plan Changes 2-5, and all submission and further submissions received on those Plan Changes was held on July 5-6, 2004.
Independent commissioners heard proposed Plan Change 2-5 and all of the submissions. The commissioners recommendations were presented to Council for its decision at an extraordinary Council meeting on August 17, 2004. At that meeting, Council resolved to:
- Approve proposed Plan Changes 2-5, subject to the modifications and supporting reasons recommended by the hearing commissioners in their report set out in Attachment 1; and
- Adopt in full, as its decision on all submissions received on proposed Plan Changes 2-5, the recommended decisions on the submissions and associated reasons for those decision set out within the hearing commissioners report.
Council’s decision was publicly notified in the Dominion Post on Saturday August 21, 2004.
No appeal were received on proposed Plan Changes 3-5. As a result Council resolved at its meeting on October 6 2004 to approve these three plan changes and determined that they would become operative on October 20, 2004.
A copy of this plan change can be downloaded from Operative Plan Change 3 – October 2004 (13 pages, 167KB pdf).
District Plan Map Update Sheet 9/1 (as pdf pictured above)
For further information please contact Council’s Environmental Policy Section, phone (04) 237 5089 or email email@example.com