Let’s talk about the year ahead Porirua City
Proposed Annual Plan 2017-18
We all know that Porirua City is already a great place to live, work and raise a family, but there is always room for improvement!
Developing and improving the city costs money, and we’re committed to making rates as fair and affordable as possible. So we need to work together to decide what the city should invest in. A lot of what we do is business as usual, such as making sure water flows when you turn on your tap on, and making sure our roads are safe to drive on. But there are some important decisions we need to make as we look ahead to 2017-18 and beyond. These include:
- our proposed average rates increase of 4.9 per cent
- the property revaluations and the introduction of a City Development Rate
- Wellington Region Waste Management and Minimisation Plan
- considerations for the next Long-term Plan 2018-28.
Alongside the Annual Plan we are also consulting on the Wastewater Bylaw and the Revenue and Financing Policy.
Consultation Document and questionnaire
Read what we are proposing in our Consultation Document (3MB pdf).
After you’ve seen what we think, let us know what you think by making an online submission.
Need more detail? Here’s supporting information
Check out our video explaining how new house values affect rates.
Want more detail about the 4 Options? The following files are in pdf format:
Please contact us if you would like a hard copy of this information sent out to you.
There are lots of other ways to have your say
- Drop in – questionnaires are available at reception in the main Council building and at all Porirua City libraries
- Email us – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to us – Annual Plan, Porirua City Council, PO Box 50218, Porirua 5240
- Chat to us on social media – Facebook or Twitter keyword: Porirua City Council
Dates to remember
Give us your feedback between 3 April and 1 May 2017.
Come in and present to Council on 16 and 17 May 2017.
Final decisions will be made on 8 June 2017.
We will approve the Annual Plan 2017-18 and set the rates for the year on 28 June 2017.
Come along and talk with us about these proposals
Meet the Mayor and Councillors:
- Pataka Wednesday 19 April 11.00-1.00pm
- Waitangirua Mall Wednesday 26 April 11.00-1.00pm
- Night Market Thursday 27 April from 6pm
Keep up to date
Subscribe to our e-newsletter for updates.