Cycling News from Council
This page has cycling news from Porirua City Council, highlighting our recent developments and current projects.
1. Working with Kiwirail developing the design for developing a shared cycle/walk pathway from Station Road in the City centre through to Kenepuru Station. Pathway will be located between the railway line and the Porirua Stream. This pathway will link into the pathway Wellington City Council is building along the Porirua Stream through Tawa.
2. Extending harbourside pathway along Wi Neera Drive so the existing pathway is extended to connect to Titahi Main Road
3. Build a bridge over Ration Creek, Grays Road to extend Te Ara Piko pathway.
4. Track upgrade work in Bothamley Park.
Projects delivered in 2011/2012 year
1. Te Ara Piko Pathway – boardwalk from Ration Point heading to Pauatahanui Village for ~ 300 metres.
2. Extend Harbourside pathway from Pirate Cove Adventure Golf to connect to Whitireia Library entrance on Wi Neera Drive.
3. Improvements to shared pathway along SH1 in Pukerua Bay.
4. Improved entrance into Thompsons Gully walkway from Mungavin Ave.
5. Track upgrade work in Bothamley Park.
6. Secret Valley Walkway upgrade
7. New signage installed on Conclusion walkway, Colonial Knob parkland track, Harbourside pathway, Te Ara Piko pathway, Quarterdeck paths.