Healthy and Protected Harbour
Our strategic priority is a healthy and protected harbour and catchment.
This means we want a harbour that is the centre-piece of the community culturally, recreationally and environmentally, and is:
- a clean and natural habitat
- a safe and beautiful recreational environment
- supported by a robust ecological restoration programme
- treasured by the community, businesses and visitors
- supported by infrastructure that minimises adverse impacts to the harbour and catchment
The performance indicators for this priority are:
- Reduce sedimentation rate as measured by bathymetric survey every 5 years
- Improve cockle numbers in the Pauatahanui Inlet
Go to our Porirua Harbour and Catchment News and Porirua Harbour and Catchment Management Programme Publications pages for more information.