Children and Young People
Our strategic priority is to have children and young people at the centre of city decisions.
This means children and young people who will:
- be high achievers in education in Porirua at all levels
- have stronger health outcomes
- be engaged and active in leading city decisions
- be informed and responsive
- be strongly connected to their culture, families and community
The Council will support these outcomes through investment in sound infrastructure for future generations.
The performance indicators for this priority are:
- Increase children and young peoples' satisfaction with living in Porirua
- Monitor the wellbeing of children and young people in the areas of education, health, employment, engagement and recreation.