The Society for South East Asian Communities
Who are we?
The Society for South East Asian Communities (SEAC) is an incorporated organisation working to represent the collective voice and interests of South East Asian migrants and their communities in New Zealand.
Members of the Society are individuals who are currently in NZ and have come from, or have affinity with any of the ten Southeast Asian countries, namely Brunei Darrusalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
What do we do?
The SEAC Society has a mission to work to integrate and empower South East Asian migrants, strengthen their capability and optimise their contributions to New Zealand's social development.
- Provide advocacy and policy representation
- Organise seminars and alternaive education classes
- Network with government and private sector
- Promote emergency preparedness and encourage voluntarism
- Initiate socio-cultural events to showcase cultural understanding
- Conduct fund-raising events
Where can you find us?
Contact person is Farib Sos
Mobile – 027 445 4727
Email – SEAC.Society@gmail.com
Website – http://societysoutheastasians.wordpress.com
Postal – The Society for South East Asian Communities
PO Box 9890