Whitireia Law Centre
Who are we?
Whitireia Law Centre is a member of the coalition of Community Law Centres.
What do we do?
The role of the Whitireia Law Centre is to meet the unmet legal needs of the Porirua Community who may have barriers to access for financial or cultural reasons.
- Providing free legal advice and information
- Promoting law related education
- Producing legal resource material
- Providing practical help, including assisting with legal forms and documents
- Providing advocacy for low income clients not eligible for legal aid
- Promoting changes to the law to better meet the needs of the Porirua Community (Law reform work)
How can we help you?
Whitireia Law Centre can help with:
- Consumer problems
- Social Welfare benefits
- Employment Contracts
- Immigration problems
- Tenancy and housing problems
- Insurance disputes
- Disputes Tribunal claims
- Advising on constitutions for community groups
- Providing legal seminars
- Swearing affidavits and witnessing statutory declarations
Where can you find us?
Telephone: (04) 237 6811
Monday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tuesday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Wednesday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Friday 9:00 am - 4:00 pm