Porirua Citizens Advice Bureau
Who are we?
Citizens Advice Bureau Porirua (CAB) is a member of their national body, Citizens Advice Bureau New Zealand. CAB Porirua is an incorporated not for profit organisation, operated by local community volunteers.
What do we do?
The CAB service is about helping people know and understand their rights and obligations, providing people with information and options so that they are able to make decisions that influence their lives.
The service is free, impartial, non-judgemental and confidential and available to all.
How can we help you?
The services we provide include:
- Information and advice on any subject or topic – e.g. consumer, immigration, tenancy, family, neighbours
- Provision of immigration and other forms e.g Sponsorship, 18 Plus, Change of Name
- Justice of the Peace (JP) Service
- Consumer Hotline
- Power Switch
- Use of phone or computer to search for accommodation or employment
- Benefit advocacy service
- Referral service
- The givME and givUS funding databases from Geneosity NZ
- Thursday evening clinic from 4.00 – 6.00pm by appointment (budgeter, lawyer and benefit advocate available)
Where can you find us?
16 Hagley Street
Pember House Level 2
Telephone: (04) 237 8846 or 0800 367 222
Fax: (04) 237 8849