Rating Information Database
This page explains what the Rating Information Database is, and how you can request your name to be withheld from public view.
The RID is public information
Porirua City Council and Greater Wellington Regional Council have made available a 'public' version of the Rating Information Database (RID).
The public RID:
- includes names and postal addresses of all owners and ratepayers – except those who have requested that their personal details are withheld
- will only be available for inspection at the main offices of each Council
The website version of the RID does not include names or postal addresses.
All councils must make this information available to comply with the Local Government (Rating) Act 2002.
Purpose of the public RID
The purpose of the public RID is to assist people who need to make contact with property owners for legitimate reasons, such as resource consent applications. Personal details will not be made available to any person for bulk data collection or direct marketing purposes.
Viewing the public RID
You can view the public Rating Information Database online from the link below, or on a computer at the following offices during normal business hours:
- Porirua City Council Administration Building, Cobham Court, Porirua City
- Greater Wellington Regional Council, Shed 39, 2 Fryatt Quay, Wellington, or the Masterton Office.
To search a Property – You can search by one of 3 methods:
Withholding Personal Details
If you wish to have your personal details withheld from the public RID, you must apply to the Council in writing.
- If you own or are the ratepayer for more than one property, and you require your personal details withheld, you need to list each individual property.
- In cases where more than one owner exists, ALL owners' details for that property will be withheld, even if only one of the owners makes the request.
- Withholding information from the public RID does not affect the appearance of owners' names on the certificates of title available from Land Information New Zealand.
Links to more rating information
Porirua City Council links: