What is in a LIM?
Section 44A of the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act (or LGOIMA) sets out the details that must be covered in your LIM report.
If information exists in Councils Records, it will be noted in your LIM report.
However, if there is no information held in Council at the time of LIM issue, then your LIM report section will state: No information held by Porirua City Council.
The following information should be in a LIM Report
Information identifying each (if any) special feature or characteristic of the land concerned, including but not limited to:
- Potential Erosion - which means potential for the wearing away of rocks and other deposits on the earth’s surface by the action of water, ice, wind
- Avulsion – which means the sudden movement of soil from one property to another as a result of flood resulting in a shift in the course of property boundary stream
- Falling debris – which means a relatively free downward or forward falling of unconsolidated or poorly consolidated earth or rocky debris from a cliff, cave, or arch
- Subsidence – which means gradual sinking of landforms to a lower level as a result of the earth movements, mining operations
- Slippage – which means the amount of slippage or the extent to which slipping occurs
- Alluvion or inundation – which means overflow or flood – to cover with water especially flood waters
- Earthworks associated with a subdivision
- Likely presence of hazardous contaminants
Also information on:-
- Sewage Disposal
- Water Supply
- Water Toby Location
- Drinking Water Supplier
- Building Information
- Resource Consents
- Land or Building Classification
- Reserve Land
- Heritage Site
- Computer Freehold Register (Certificate of Title) OR (CFR) (CT)
The LIM will not tell you
- About building restrictions applying to the site.
- If you are intending to buy a property for redevelopment, it is suggested you check your proposal against the rules of the District Plan or contact Council's Resource Consent Team for further assistance.
- Council's District Plan can be viewed on the District Plan page.
- A LIM does not include any site inspections.
Other LIM links