Land Information Memorandum (LIM)
This page provides information on a LIM and Council's LIM process.
What is a LIM?
Section 44A of the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act (or LGOIMA) sets out the matters to be included in a LIM.
A land information memorandum, or LIM for short, is a collation of information from Council’s records on matters affecting the land such as a history of building work, where pipes are, water supply, rates and a lot more.
Most people want a LIM because they are considering buying a residential or commercial property and want to find out as much as possible about the property.
How long does it take to get a LIM Report?
- Up to 10 working days
- Start day of LIM processing will be determined as follows:
|The completed application form is received in Council system AND the correct fee is cleared in Council’s bank account before 12 noon
||Then the LIM processing will start that same working day
|If either is received after 12 noon
||Then the LIM processing will start the next working day
How do I apply for a LIM and what does it cost?
- Obtain correct land address / legal description from Rating Information Database, or seek guidance from a Customer Services Officer 04 237 5089
- Complete and submit a current LIM Application Form
- And pay the full applicable LIM Application Fee
How can I collect my completed LIM report?
You have two options:
- Collect your LIM report from Council Administration Building during Council business hours OR
- We will email your LIM report to you and post a hard copy*
*Important note: We do not recommend post as your only option to receive your LIM report as NZ Post delivery days are variable. If you cannot receive emails – we highly recommend you collect your LIM report.
How can I cancel a LIM Application?
- Telephone (04) 237 5089;
- Email LIM@pcc.govt.nz with the following details:
- Request to Cancel / Transfer LIM*
- Name of applicant
- LIM number if known
- Property Address
- Whether you wish to transfer your LIM fees to another LIM application, or receive a 50% refund**
- Bank account details for refund: Account Holder name, Bank account number
- Alternatively - visit Council Administration Building and complete a Cancel a LIM Form
- * LIM Cancellations received within 24 hours of processing start time – qualify for a 50% refund or transfer of fee to another LIM application for just an extra $100. (If transfer – you have 3 days to provide new LIM request or 50% refund will apply)
- ** LIM Cancellations received after 24 hours of processing start time – no refund or transfer.
Other LIM links