Events Investment Programme
This page describles Porirua City Council's event investment programme and has links to information and an application form.
Porirua City Council has a key interest and responsibility for supporting arts, recreation, cultural heritage, events, festivals and sporting activities for the greater benefit of the community. Council’s support may include cash and/or in kind contribution depending on the nature of the event proposed and the amount of support requested.
The aim of the Event Investment Programme is to:
- Improve public perception and enjoyment of Porirua as a city and as host of events;
- Support, encourage and help stage major events throughout the city; and
- Promote and enhance the quality and variety of events hosted in Porirua.
A major event is one which fills two or more of the following criteria:
- Visitor numbers of more than 10,000 people
- Over 20% of visitors come from all over the region
- Total event budget is over $100,000 (including Council’s contribution)
- The event has the potential to grow into a larger event
- The event builds city brand and regional/national profile
For more information please call us on (04) 237 5089.