Dog Registration - new dogs
This page sets out the new dog registration requirements, and how and when you apply.
Registering a new dog
To register a new dog, you must complete a registration application form and pay the required fee.
All dogs must be registered before the age of 3 months. If you are registering a new dog part way through the year, you will pay a pro-rated fee until 30 June.
Details required are:
- The dog’s name
- The breed and/or type of dog
- Its age, colour and sex
- Whether the dog been neutered (de-sexed)
- Details of any micro-chip or other specific means of identification.
- Previous owner details where some other person has previously owned the dog.
- Previous registration details where the dog has been registered either under the name of a previous owner or with another Council.
- Certification confirming the dog has been neutered, micro-chipped and previous registration details as applicable.
Visit our Customer Service Centre, 16 Cobham Court, Porirua during business hours to complete the registration process.
Links to more dog information
Porirua City Council links: