Container or Skip Bin Permits
This page explains how to apply for a container or skip bin permit in Porirua City.
The following factors will be considered before a permit is issued:
- Capability for skip bin or container to be placed on private property.
- Placement will not be within a restricted parking area, on a footpath or grass verge.
- Placement will not be within 15 metres of a pedestrian crossing, corner or intersection unless approved by the Council.
- Placement will not obstruct manhole covers, underground access points and fire hydrants.
- Access for emergency services will not be obstructed.
- A minimum of 1 metre between skip bins/containers and driveway access points will be observed so as not to block vehicle entry and exit.
- Placement will not present a hazard to any other road user or pedestrian.
- Skip bins and containers will only to be on the road for a maximum of 14 days unless approval to extend this is granted by the Council.
If there is no objection, we will issue your Skip Bin or Container Permit.
Permits and Fees
If a skip bin or container must be placed for any purpose on any public place or road under Council control, a Skip Bin or Container Permit is required.
The permits may be issued at Council discretion. Public safety is the key issue that Council is concerned about.
A minimum of 3 working days is required to have this application processed.
No fee is payable.
Links to more information
Porirua City Council links: