Apply for or renew an off-licence

If you want to sell or supply alcohol for consumption in the following places, you'll need an off-licence.

  • supermarket
  • grocery store
  • bottle store
  • hotel or tavern that sells alcohol to take away
  • remote sales premises (online or mail order)
  • winery cellar door

Please note, under the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012, dairies, petrol stations and convenience stores may not sell alcohol.

Alcohol must be consumed off the premise.

There must be a current certified duty manager available at all times when alcohol is being sold or supplied to the public.

Supermarkets and grocery stores are only able to sell beer and wine to the public.

Auctioneers and remote sellers of alcohol need to have an endorsed licence under the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012.

You’ll need to notify public of your application

  • Within 10 days place a notice in an easily visible place on your premise.
  • Within 20 days place two public notices in the Kapi-Mana News.

Renewals for on-licences: we advise that the applications are submitted more than the required 20 working days (as stated in the Act).

It is the licensee’s responsibility to ensure that the application is submitted more than 20 working days and that the application is completed correctly, as this may cause delays in the process.